Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Preschool Quote of the Day

I am really enjoying my fun little preschoolers. It cracks me up every time Luke corrects himself and calls me "teacher" instead of "Mom". I would prefer Miss Heidi, but at least it isn't "Hey you".

This week we are focusing on food. We talked about to food guide pyramid. (Yes, I know it has changed, but it is the easiest way to teach food groups to this age.) I gave them fake food and we put it in the correct food group. When a little boy tried to put lettuce in the grain group I asked him, "What is the food you have?"
He said, "Cabbage."
Me - Why would it be in the grain group?
Him - Because it is made of beans.
Me - Oh, well, this cabbage is a vegetable.
Him - My mom makes my cabbage out of beans, so it goes here.
Me - Hmmm... Ok. (I did not want to argue, I knew who would lose.)

I wanted to giggle so badly. I forgot to relate this to his mom when she picked him up, but it was so fun.

1 comment:

pambelina said...

I'm going to make my cabbage out of beans now too. ;)