Last night for my birthday my husband took me on a date. We don't usually get to do that. On this date he took me to dinner and then shopping for clothes. For anyone that knows me that makes my husband VERY brave. I don't like shopping and I am not very good at it. I don't spend money on myself, especially this time of year. My birthday money rarely goes to myself. By the end of the night I did have a couple pair of jeans, and a nice new shirt and camisole to wear to church. I learned a few things I will share, too.
*It is a lot more fun to go shopping without children in tow.
*Old Navy is not the only store to find inexpensive clothes that fit me.
*My husband likes me to wear different clothes than I would like to wear. (ie button up shirts and slacks vs. jeans and t-shirts.)
*The clothes I would like to wear are inpractical for a stay-at-home-preschool-teacher mom.
*It is nice to get new things every 3 years or so.
*Don't expect children to be asleep when you get home. You are happier if they are and not as disappointed when they inevitably aren't.
There you go. My birthday was fun. I got the new Junie B. Jones book and a sterling silver Mockingjay necklace from my family on top of my little impromptu shopping trip. Anneke made me an easy bake oven chocolate cake, too. Don't be jealous. I can send her your way for your birthday if you would like.
1 comment:
Haha! I laughed when I read that Anneke baked you a cake for your birthday. That's awesome!
Post a Comment