Anneke needed some one on one time. I felt we should go out and do something fun together. I struggle a great deal with my relationship with her. Mostly, I do not understand her and get easily frustrated with her. I let her choose and she decided we would go shopping for her gift for Marcus and get hot chocolate while browsing at Barnes and Noble. I am not a shopper, I get overwhelmed. BUT I went for my girl.
I ordered 2 peppermint hot chocolates and we looked around while we waited. When we got our drinks it tasted weird. I am not a huge Starbucks hot cocoa fan so I thought that was the problem. Anneke asked to try mine and she said, "That's gross." So, I had to try hers. Yep, mine was a mocha. I took it back and they apologized. Right on the cup it said hot cocoa. They started making me a new one but then a person in charge said they needed my receipt which I had thrown away (not usual). After digging through the trash for a couple of minutes I realized it wasn't worth it. *sigh* I didn't even want to go back but didn't want coffee. Not the best ending to our day. She did find a gift for Marcus, but not what she wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment