Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's

I usually do have new year's resolutions that I try and follow. I know people that choose to make goals at specific points throughout the year instead of at the New Year. With my OCD it makes sense to start January 1st, so I do. However, there is a lot I feel I need to work on. If I get too many things going I don't complete anything. This year a friend of mine had a goal a month. 21 days makes a habit, right. For January she worked on healthy meals. For February it was a different hair style every day. Etc.  I am going to do something similar. I have brainstormed and come up with my monthly goals for 2013. (A monthly goal is to be better about family birthdays. I won't put that down, though.)

January - Health (floss and wash face consistently, figure out exercise routine and time)
This is a classic one, but one I really need to work on.
February - Beauty (do hair and make-up every day)
With my kids' schedules and babysitting I let this slide too much. I feel so much better when I  take the extra 15 minutes.
March - Mental (no screens month)
I am pretty sure I am addicted to the internet. That means blogs, facebook, pinterest, email, hulu etc. I am working on ground rules because I do need it for my calling and preschool.
April - Spiritual (prayer and meaningful study) 
I am not bad at this but need to get better and it could use my undivided attention. Plus, it is General Conference month.
May - Mental (write in my journal or kids journal every day)
I keep a nightly thankful journal, but don't always write in the important places about our life events.
June - Health (go one week without sweets, try new and healthier recipes)
Again, I am pretty sure I am addicted to sweets. 
July - Mental (dust off my book writing and book ideas and write daily)
I started writing a couple of books a while ago. I let them go by the wayside with many things and want to see what happens to the characters.
August - Temporal (cleaning schedule and stick to it)
There are certain chores I really dislike and put off. If I have a schedule I will be more likely to take care of them. Plus, we should be settling somewhere new *fingers crossed* and it is a good time to establish it for a new place.
September - Beauty (experiment with daughters hair styles and boys hair cuts)
I am not good with hair, period. I was so excited to be a mom and get to work with it. Now I just need to figure out how.
October - Organize (my pinterest and quotes)
I pin a lot of things and use a lot of it. However, there are many things that have been lost and I need to clean off boards and possibly create new ones to organize what I have. But, it is daunting and will be time consuming. I also have a bunch of quotes all over that need a home.
November - Thankful (write a letter everyday thanking those I love)
Pretty self explanatory.
December - Service (find a way to serve someone outside my immediate family every day.)
I tend to get depressed and focus on the cost of the season instead of the reason for it. I am hoping this will help me end my year right. 

Anything I missed? I might update about my progress if I remember. 2013, here we go. What are you going to do?

1 comment:

pambelina said...

Great minds, and all that. I posted mine. They're not as specific as yours though.