Sunday, June 9, 2013
Mothers' Prayers
Yesterday a group of boys (and leaders) from our old ward were on a scouting activity. They became lost and the weather was 111 degrees yesterday. A rescue party was sent out including the bishop of both their ward and ours. Last night Andy got a text that the bishop was taking a day off. I thought that it was odd, until we found out he had been in the hospital with heat exhaustion due to the events. A couple of the boys were my Cub Scouts. Their mothers were praying so hard for their safe return. Their prayers were answered. I know that the Hacienda ward is hurting very much right now and I can't imagine all the emotions. Here is a brief recap. Their young men's president is the one that died. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and the love of our church members.
Labels:
church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was watching the news last night as I read your blog - so I was reading and hearing about it simultaneously. Dad asked me to read your blog to him. I sobbed my way through it. I can't imagine the heartache those ward members are suffering right now. It is one thing to know that someone is in a better place but the loss and loneliness is what hurts. Love you all so much.
Oh, Heidi. How sad. Love you all so much.
Post a Comment