Anyone that knows us well, knows that Andy is a big Batman fan. This last movie installment has him worried, though. Basically, he doesn't want them to change his super hero. (Which is why I am having a hard time wanting to see the new Spiderman. But that is a whole other story.) It looks really dark to me. One of our friends went to the midnight showing. Andy briefly thought about going, but for many reasons stayed home. The next morning we heard about Colorado...
I realized a few things as I pondered the situation. Colorado has more than it's fair share of mass shootings. When we lived there, for only 2 years, there is 1 that I can think of for sure but I thought there was another. Plus, they have had a rough summer with fires, too. Poor state. It really is a lovely place. It is where Andy and I consider home to be.
I also realized that if Andy had been in that situation whether with me or someone else he would probably be dead. He would have charged the guy or tried to protect people. It is who he is. That realization made me both happy and sad. I am married to an amazing man, even if he isn't a "super" hero, he is my everyday hero.
No comments:
Post a Comment