Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SONK

I like to have my back rubbed, my arms, my hair played with, etc. I would always have my mom rub my back and arms while we watched movies. With my husband it's my legs. I swing them into his lap and have him rub them. I think it annoys him sometimes, but he always indulges me.


The other night we were watching a movie together and I had my legs in his lap as usual. All of the sudden my knee had a sharp shooting pain run through it. Seriously, I have never felt pain like that. (Andy said I started doing my labor breathing.) I couldn't bend my knee or extend it without extreme pain. Andy went and got me some ibuprofen. I got a headache and nauseated almost instantly. I was praying and trying not to throw up or cry. It felt like a muscle had caught on something. We looked up what it could possibly be on the internet. The first hit was for something called SONK. We are still not 100% sure what it stands for, but it is fun to say, so that is what we are calling it. Before we got too far in our search, the pain went away and I could bend my knee again. The same thing happened the next day and then went away. Bizarre.

No comments: