Here is the situation I alluded to yesterday. I want some feedback, so I will post it in full. My children have seminars in school. They choose a topic that interests them and for 3 weeks, one hour a day, they focus on that. Marcus is currently in one about the Olympics.
Last week the teacher told them that the original Olympics took place with everyone competing in the nude. Fine. It is a fact. But, then he showed a cartoon clip of this. The men were full view, women from waist up. Marcus was quite uncomfortable. We contacted people about it, etc. Andy watched the video and said it was not horrible, but very unnecessary.
I thought it resolved well until this morning. They had told the teacher the child that was uncomfortable. Marcus is so worried about upsetting the teacher and now is trying to distance himself from the situation. (Remember my post about confrontation. Guess who is the same?) I am very worried he will not come to us with something like this again. Especially if it means he will be singled out and embarrassed in front of others. So, now, how should we proceed? Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment