I have been convinced to start a little preschool in my home. I was planning on doing it 3 days a week with Luke to keep up my creativity and such. Then another mom asked if I would be willing to add her little guy to the mix. She mentioned it to a new mom in the area and she seems interested, too. I am nervous and excited. I haven't done this in 4 years, well, really 5. Reading books and putting together related activities a couple times a month kept my hand it, but it isn't really teaching. I have watched children, but not put together curriculum. I have been brain storming and coming up with ideas. I am trying to sort through all the random thoughts and find what will work best. Doing it at home could definitely be a challenge. We will see how this new endeavor goes. For now, if you want to give me some input, I am open.
Update - I just spent the last hour, at least, trying to plan my first week. I am so overwhelmed and out of practice it makes me sad. This shouldn't be so hard. It is what I love doing; books and playing. I will keep plugging along.
3 comments:
You can do this. It is your gift.
I'd tell you to relax. This isn't that high stakes. But I know you well enough to tell you it's going to be alright. I think you might be more uptight about this than I am about my dissertation right now.
You'll love this, and it will be fun. You haven't forgotten anything - relax, stop thinking and just let it happen. It's the over thinking that has you panicking! I love you!
Post a Comment