Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cinderella

I really like the Cinderella fairy tale. She is my favorite Disney princess. I have several versions of the story and even had a t-shirt with the many names Cinderella is known by around the world. It is so cliche to like her. She seems to be a lot of people's favorite. I can't help it and I figured out a few reasons. (This is about the Disney movie.)

*My grandma got me the VHS tape of the Disney Cinderella for my 8th birthday as well as a copy of the book Heidi.
*Cinderella cheerfully goes about doing dull tasks.
*She likes to sing.
*Even when she gets grumpy she doesn't stay that way.
*She asks to go to the ball and tries to make it work.
*She accepts help graciously.
*She enjoys her evening and is ready to get back to normal life.
*She says thank you.
*She again is proactive in getting out of an upsetting situation.
*She smiles and is happy.

I am pretty sure I had more but this is all I can think of at the moment. Also, I am pretty sure the movie takes place in France. The names announced at the ball are French. Plus, it draws heavily on the Charles Perrault version and very little on the Grimm version. The former is French. Disney did not used to broadcast where the movies take place. Since Beauty and the Beast that has changed. Come to think of it, a lot of the Disney movies take place in France.

No comments: