This post is mostly for the Pfiester family. I posted about Disneyland on my other blog and this was a whole other experience so I thought I would post it here. SO, Aunt Cari, this is for you.
The first day I was more into the pin trading than the kids. I tracked down a few Cast members with lanyards. I didn't have my pins and missed out on a Cinderella pin, very sad. Anyway, as the day wore on Anneke kept retrading the same pin over and over and Marcus accidently traded his favorite pin. Luke would just randomly trade them, which was fine.
That night we reevaluated. They took every pin off that they really liked to leave at the hotel. Anneke's lanyard was empty. We divided up all the extra pins and tried again the next day. Anneke was on a quest for Belle pins. (Did you know shops have pin trading boards and so did our hotel?) Not much luck, but Luke would trade for anything interesting.
The last day I said, "You will be going home with all these stinky pins unless you trade them away." That did it. Here is what they ended up with:
Marcus's lanyard:
He really likes Mickey. He has a hipster Donald, Pluto silhouette, Goofy star, 3-D movable marathon Mickey, then three Mickey Mouse pins. The other side: you can't really see the top one, but it is the lion from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Simba, S-Stitch, Good Stitch, Good Chip and a Mickey Mouse storm trooper. His goal was Star Wars and Pirates, but gave up and just traded for cool ones.Luke's lanyard:
It was fascinating to watch him. He traded for some odd ones and then would refuse the ones I thought he would like. He has - Fillmore from Cars, Mikey Moose, a duck car, Nemo, a bird; the other side - Mickey shaped Pooh, Mickey shaped lightning, paisley Mickey, Jiminy Cricket, and a cat
Anneke's lanyard
I helped her get a few of these. She finally found a couple of Belle pins. She has - Belle, B-Belle, Minnie star, Ariel flower, Daisy square, Daisy silhouette, Dopey in a box, Pink Mickey, heart Aurora; other side - Chest of Drawers from Beauty and the Beast, pink shell, Snow White flower, Snow White, Minnie, Snow White Wicked Queen bowling pin*, Sleeping Beauty's castle
My lanyard
I traded for the kids. I really wanted the Princess shoe set, but never found one. I ended up with a Wendy pin because it reminds me of my sister, Cari. Andy got a Goofy pin because he likes him. My original Repunzel shoe and Tinkerbell Mickey shape. The other side are the perfume bottles. It is a set of 5 and I have 3 - Cinderella, Jasmine and Tiana. (Missing Ariel and Aurora)
*There was a bowling pin set of Villains that would have been cool to collect. We saw quite a few of them and they were really neat looking.
It was fun. If we were there longer I think it would have been different. It took until the last day to really get into the trading.
1 comment:
I'm glad it was fun! You guys traded for some neat pins. Luke's philosophy was a lot like Noah's for a while. Just trade anything and everything! I can't wait to show the kids this post.
Post a Comment