I really enjoy pinterest. It took me a while to figure it out. Now that I have, I use it everyday for recipes and projects especially. There are some things that bug me about it, though. Top of the list is commenting on a pin by someone you don't know. Okay, it only bugs me when I am the someone they don't know. Settle in, here is the story.
I wake up each morning pray and then study my scriptures. This works really well for me and sets a nice tone for my day. By the time I am finished (about 1/2 an hour) my kids come in and snuggle or elbow us out of the bed. The time I set aside for exercising has been taken up by other worthy pursuits. I am trying to figure out what to do, how to do it and find the will power and motivation to get it done. I know that I am unhappy with my lifestyle and want to feel healthy and better. To help me I pinned a quote to think about. Someone I didn't know commented with "maybe to be in good health??" and it really rankled. She doesn't know me. She doesn't know my motivation or my life. She doesn't know my struggles. She just knows I pinned a quote. Why do it? Why say it? What was her motivation? My husband then commented on the pin, which made me smile. It is silly that it effected me so much and I can't get it out of my head. I know that. But, this is for my me-ness and this is very much about me. ;)
Moral of the story, think before you act. Words have power.
1 comment:
I don't like it when people do that either!
Post a Comment