Yesterday I posted pictures from my Girls Camp. I realize that they don't mean much to anyone that reads this but myself. The love of those girls, the inside jokes, etc. are all very personal and there is no way to convey that. But, I feel so very blessed to be entrusted with them.
The night before I went up I had my husband give me a blessing. I love my calling very much, but I was very unsure. I put together amazing binders for the leaders. They had everything they would need like directions to the cabins, permission slips/insurance info, day by day guide including recipes and event instructions, schedule, general conference talks relating to activities, etc. I completed these on Sunday and gave them out. My job was done. I couldn't imagine what more I had to offer. I was nervous to be responsible and an example to 16 girls. The blessing put me at ease and I traveled up.
I rode with the bishop to and from the hike and then home. It was great to get to know him better. He is an amazing man. But, on the way home from the hike he was very quiet. I seriously felt like a 13 year old girl again and that I was in trouble. (Looking back I am pretty sure he is an introvert like me and was just done.) It was an interesting feeling and it lasted into the next day. Bishop Wells is not much older than me. He laughed and told me I was not a 13 year old girl and I was being silly.
I don't remember much about any of my Girls camps as a young woman. This week bits and pieces came to me, but nothing big. I have loved being a leader and doing this. This is my second year at camp. It teaches me every time and humbles me. I am not confident in myself. That is obvious. On the way home my bishop said, "Heidi, there are many places you would be good, but you are supposed to be with the young women." So, I will do my best and pray it is everything that is needed of me.
2 comments:
It is very obvious from the pictures you are supposed to be in YW. I love you and I am very proud of you.
Oddly enough, I've lost many of my childhood memories. However, I remember every single one of my girls camps. Interesting, isn't it?
Post a Comment