Tropicana Ward YW camp 2012
Shoot for the Stars
Doctrine and Covenants 50:24
It was a long week full of ups and downs. I slept very little, ate very little and had a great time. This was our first year not doing a stake camp and it was hectic and a lot of planning. Here are some highlights.
On the way up to Strawberry Point, Utah:
At this point I lost my camera. I prayed and prayed. I looked and looked. It was found just before our service project...We tied lap quilts for the local hospital.
Mario and Luigi (aka Hannah and Rachel)
"The hills are alive with the sound of music." I was seriously singing that in this picture. We were checking out the huge meadow to see if we could do night games in it.
The 3 leaders staying in the "fun cabin", me, Melissa and Ella. Ella tie dyed the shirts and Melissa's has a swirl right over her baby boy. ;)
Finding out I had never done a mirror portrait one of my young women educated me.
"High Five buddies", we actually did three like in The Hunger Games. (The purpose is that you have a buddy and you high five until everyone is there.) She also did my hair to match hers for our hike.
Ponderosa pines are supposed to smell like vanilla, strawberry or chocolate. The leaders all thought it smelled like butterscotch and the girls said vanilla. Ella said a bit of both:
My 16 beauties ages 12-16
L to R Rebecca, Hannah, Natalia, Kayla, Ashley S., Samantha, Desiree, Margie, Makayla, Kirstie, Chelsea, Emmalie, Ashley E., Carrissa, Rachel and McKenna
Peek-a-boo. Ella was one of my young women and our babysitter until she went away to SUU for school last year. It was fun to hang out with her this week.
Sleeping beauties. Desiree (on the left) was the girl I gave secret sister gifts to.
Kirstie is a master at friendship bracelets and made this one out of a rope it was for a giant.
I wore the bracelet in different spots for the rest of the day. This is the favorite spot because I looked like "Heidi of the mountains".
In honor of this being 100 years of Girls Camp we did 100 acts of service and put a star in a jar for each one. (Our theme was Shoot for the Stars.) There is actually 130 stars in there.
Our fearless leaders Sister Tyler and Bishop Wells.
We got home early evening on Saturday. I am still tired from it all. I am grateful I went, but not sure if anyone else got anything from me being there.
1 comment:
Don't be so down on yourself. Your girls love you. Don't you remember how much we idealized our YW leaders?
Post a Comment