Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sewing with Kids

Anneke got a sewing machine last October. She was so excited. Unfortunately it does not have a bobbin thread so everything she made would fall apart. Seriously, who designed that? She has been asking and asking to sew something on my machine. On Saturday as I gathered last minute supplies for camp we found some fun bandanas at Hobby Lobby. Anneke chose a Disney princess one and a plain light blue.

This morning we sewed them together and made her a bag. Well, she did and I supervised so she didn't sew her finger.
 (Marcus took these pictures.)
 The finished product. It took 20-30 minutes. She promptly put all her books in it to go to the library.
This should probably be on the kids blog. Oops.


Luke got a Cars bandana on Saturday and now wants to make a bag, too.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I am extremely impressed! How fun. I am glad Anneke wants to learn to sew now.